Sunday, December 13, 2009

Random ramblings of the week

Ok, its been a reeeeeeaaaaaaly long time since I blogged and wanted to put in something so as to give life to it. :D Interesting events have been happening off late in the news. people fast in Andhra and our benevolent govt decides they deserve a new state. What is with that? Can I fast and insist that I have the democratic republic of Ramnagar for myself to rule?? While I'm at it I would like to anneexe some coastal regions of Goa and Kerala as well. Wait why annexe just parts of it. Coimbatore, Ooty, Cochin, Goa. It all belongs to me. I also want Tirupur. Where would we be without some form of international trade? I could barter with Obama. Give us cheap oil that you stole from the Iraqis and Cheap electronics at Amazon.com and newegg.com prices if you want cheap Gap T-shirts that you can sell to the consumer at ten times the price. :P :D I shall create a "democratic" country ruled by me :P and, umm, and all right, I haven't got a plan in place, but tell me, does TRS either? I doubt it? All he wants is a state that he thinks he can claim and with Hyderabad as its capital. Some how everyone thinks its going to be the doom of Hyderabad and not the rise of Telengana. Andhra will be fine. It has Vizag, Vijayawada, Tirupathi(Richest god in the world) to itself, and of course the Reddy bothers and their vast mines, So Andhra will do fine and rise back. But Telengana? we'll have to wait and see. here are some interesting facebook status messages I picked out over the week, all related to the Telengana issue:

- I'm going on a hunger fast demanding the partitioning of my choco chip cookie. - Courtesy Nikila, I personally liked this one. Infact I wanted to post a reply stating that I was going to go on a hunger fast demanding the partitioning of her choco chip cookie and insist that the half that had the choco chips in it belonged to me :P, but I never got round to posting my demands....

- People in India fast and they get a new state... EE grads in USC fast and don't sleep and all they get is bad grades. - Courtesy my overworked USC grad student Srinath :D

I have an unrelated word of warning to the Indian government: Please don't ferry any VIP's in Indian Air Force Vehicles. They are sitting targets for Snipers! If you are wondering why, look at this link:

http://www.loupiote.com/photos/3740818562.shtml

Why do you have to paint a car blue, and then draw a nice bulls eye on it? The vehicle I saw on the roads here had bigger bull's eyes that then one in the image! I know its based on the Indian flag, but still, what were they thinking?? Alright, we know unrelenting terrorists are going to come up and blow stuff up anyway, but why make it easy for them? They jolly well better take the effort to aim and fire!

4 comments:

amshuman.r said...

For a blog after a reaaallly long time that was pretty cool.. And if you do get that state (Oooty, Goa etc..) I call dips for deputy chief minister. You can be chief minister.. After all you are the one who is fasting...

Rupal said...

Aswin, after reading this I agree these kingdoms were annexed by you first so I concede. LOL
On a more serious note, ur blog features some good writing and smart ideas, keep blogging.

angel from heaven said...

Great to see you back in the blogging world.Good post.

Rya Raghav said...

Inspired by me?