Friday, May 01, 2009

The Elections!

I know, I know, everyone is talking about it! Well i ain't gonna bore you talking politics as well, but here is an interesting tidbit. Apparently there were a few local body elections held recently in some places in India and hence this time, voters will not get their index finger inked. Instead its the middle finger! :D Yep, everyone now gets an opportunity to show the finger at their politicians without being man handled for public indecency! What a brilliant idea Election Commission! Why didn't you folks think of this before???

This actually came out as a news article in the times of India a week ago. link here.

But what interested me the most was, a picture in The Hindu today.
















Yep, the first family of Bollywood showing the finger!

Now I can't wait for the pictures of the rest of the politicians! :D

20 comments:

Aparajita said...

This is crazy. I mean, what the F***???

Ash D said...

That's what they mean too. :D Indirectly without their knowledge that is. :P

Anonymous said...

i was gonna blog the exact thing!

Thoughts Over Chai said...

Yah!!!....This is what our politicians deserve. The MIDDLE Finger!!

mantiz said...

damn.... i'm gonna go get the voters' ID right away!!

Aparna (Life Takes) said...

i would show the same..!

AT said...

Heh! Funnee! I saw this pic in the paper yesterday or the day before, and I remember laughing about the same thing! Yeah! Show em the middle finger! They dont deserve any lesser! :D

FloatingBoats said...

This picture is photoshopped right?

FloatingBoats said...

hahah I am invincible so I don't have to worry about stalkers.

mumofason said...

hehe! its here at last! :) Talk about freedom of expression

SWATZ said...

I would love showing the middle finger after votind but unfortunately here in delhi out index finger has been properly washed off the last blue ink..!!! lol.. :P


But as long as u r voting who gives a dman whether its the middle finger or the index finger or wad not.. ;=)

NeoDharmar said...

Nice little post. It's crazy why they have it in the middle finger. Had there been Raj Thackeray on the other side, it wouldn't have made the things better. Good post. Wish you good luck. Hoping to see more posts like these. :)

cutestangel said...

Hasnt anyone told them its a rude gesture?? hee hee !!

Arush Mittal said...

what an 'IDEA' sirji! :D
cheers mate! :)

FloatingBoats said...

come watch my video of my dad and me, would love your comments : ))))))))

FloatingBoats said...

I would never want to make my parents sad.
Were you notorious in school or something ;)

FloatingBoats said...

I am in 10th grade btw.

FloatingBoats said...

Hey, check out your old posts especially from a few years ago. I left comments there and would like it if you replied to them if you have time that is. Thanks! :)

Sorcerer said...

ROFLMAO


AWESOME!!!

Adisha said...

Wow !! I'd seen this picture, but I'd thought it was un intentional... Amazing that you posted about it ... me too can't wait for the rest !!