Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Why advice columns are good!

Dear Abie,

The other day I set off for work, leaving my husband in the house watching TV. I hadn't gone more than a mile when my engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked all the way back home only to find my husband making love to to our neighbour! He was retrenched from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but I don't know if I can trust him anymore. What should I do?

Sincerely,
Frustrated.


Dear Frustrated,

A car stalling can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Check for debris in the fuel line. If it's clear, check the jubilee clips holding the vacuum pipes onto the inlet manifold. Or it could be the fuel pump itself being faulty causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber.

I hope this helps.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got this from RD Dec 08 issue!

3 comments:

zo said...

Read between the lines? is it? I musta dmit I really dnt understand the response given above :(((

Hey! Can I suggest u a sharing engine? : ) The widget is called Tell-a-Friend, with the help of which visitor like me can easily share ur posts with frens thru mails,IMs,blogs,bookmarks, twitter, facebook, myspace etc...u cn simply register on www.socialtwist.com Careful with the site type u choose..al d best : )

Anonymous said...

rofl... damn funny and how dumb!

cutestangel said...

hee hee I guess the agony aunt (uncle) must be a man he missed the point totally!!!lolz