Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Cocktail

You know how some movies just make so much sense, have perfect storylines and engage the audience to such an extent that they feel like they are part of the story as well? 

Well, this just isn't one of them. It had me almost bored in the first half but I saved myself from boredom by playing 'guess the next scene' for the second half. Guess what? It was my lucky day. I should have gone gambling in fact now that I think about it. Okay, back to the movie. 

Cocktail like it's name, supposedly has a melange of characters being thrown together into a glass that's called life. About the melange of characters; well they are a varied lot alright. Deepika is hot and spunky as usual, Diana is pretty and demure and Saif, umm, is just too old. To add to that you've got the support crew of Boman Irani and Dimple Kapadi who all play their roles quite well. Roles that are not new to Indian cinema though. 

The dialogues are too cheesy despite what other critics might tell you about how some of the dialogues are straight-forward and the characters are more open in thought of mind and speech; apparently a new realm in Indian Cinema. Seriously? You can kind of figure where the script is going and well, it's just regular bollywood fanfare.

The plus side? Good music. Hot Deepika(Drool). Pretty Diana. I can't really think of anything else and if you're a girl, nope. No hot bod's for you to drool at either ladies. :P

The Final Verdict??
It's perfectly fine as a timepass movie for the multiplexes of India (which if box office collections are to go by, stand true). But if you plan to spend something in the range of 7-8 GBP or 10 USD/AUD/SGD, be warned, you better have a good group of friends to go with or have someone treating you(like in my case :P)

P.S.: The UK isn't as awesome as they portray in the movie. Seriously.

2 comments:

Adisha said...

THanks for the review. WIll be sure to not spend money at the movies on this. Though surprisingly most review sites have positive things to say ?! Wonder why ?

Anyway, do join me at Blogging on Life, Reviews and more on facebook to keep me updated on your new posts. Thanks

Asha Tampa said...

Short, succinct, and sweet! A bit too late to be reading a review for Cocktail, I know! Btw, I am more keen to know what you mean by your last sentence. Will grill you the next time we meet online :D