Friday, November 12, 2010

Random ramblings

Just wanted to post something. Type to myself maybe, while simultaneously filling up cyberspace with some more junk :P . Another week goes by heralding the arrival of another weekend. If you haven't heard the story, I got fined for travelling in a ladies ticket(My cousin's) by the Indian Railways. Paid 1 grand in fines and the actual ticket cost. Doing the math, I realised I don't earn that much in a day. Might as well have bunked Monday and stayed at home. Apparently the Railways earned around 30 Lakhs in fines during the Diwali season for ticketless travel and travelling in the name of someone else. That's a fat sum I say.

If you've been keeping abreast of the latest happenings in Coimbatore, you might have heard about the spate of kidnappings not only in Coimbatore but around the state. The guys who were apprehended in Chennai happened to be foreign educated working professionals. One guy had an MBA from UK. And yet he had to resort to kidnapping some guy's kid. Yeah he did show resourcefulness and his engineering pedigree when he devised alternate breathing methods for the kidnapped kid by removing speakers from the rear parcel shelf of the car and stuff like that. What a waste of talent. :| The guy who was apprehended in Coimbatore was shot dead in an "encounter" when he tried to flee apparently. We've watched too many cop movies to know how an encounter goes about, so I'm sure the general public didn't bat an eyelid on that news.

Finally, Mr.Raja. Seriously? 1.76 Lakh Crores? How??

I'm going to be watching the Social Network sometime soon, so maybe there might be a review of that coming up. I also have some short stories in the pipeline. Pipeline being the keyword there.:|

1 comment:

Asha Tampa said...

You got fined?! For traveling with a ladies ticket? Aswin, I really don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry :D aww what the heck, we both know what I want to do! :P

Funny how it works out though - everyday of the month we purchase tickets diligently, and the one day we board the train cos it came early, we get caught by the ticket collector. Karma? Or just plain bad luck?