Friday, May 18, 2007

Two Stroke Magic

Been wanting to write this one for quite some time….

I was recently left wheel-less due to my beloved Dio’s valves going bust. In the interim period while it was being brought back to life, I claimed the use of an ol’ kine’ which belonged to my uncle and was being used as a runabout vehicle by everyone in the workshop and service station that he owns.

Having had faced quite a lot of abuse and not in the best of attire, I expected the vehicle to feel like it was going to split any minute, and I wasn’t exactly wrong. Except for one thing. It was one helluva ride. The two stroke motor just pulled like anything, if u minus the vario lag that is, and I tell u screaming down Avinashi road, I actually had a glee stuck all over my face. Quite like how a kid does when he’s on his favourite ride at the Theme park. I guess it all has to do with the two stroke magic, which is sadly out of production due to higher emissions. All we can do right now is savour whatever’s left of the noisy boys… All hail ye 2-strokes!!.....

Here is a Aswin Top Tip®. If you have about 10 grand to spend and you need a city run about, Buy a decently maintained Kine’(Go for the Kinetic Honda version before 98’ model) have the engine cleaned, rejetted, Vehicle completed serviced, fit MRF nylogrip zappers and you have one hell of a scooter….. You won’t regret it……

3 comments:

mumofason said...

lol @ Glee stuck all over your face. Wish I could've seen that!! :)

rangr said...

hi me learning to drive... is this about a car?

Einsteins Donkey said...

dude now u know how i felt drivin my style.... i drive my cousins rd350 whenever i get a chance.... that is and amazing experience.... imagine 21bhp of raw 2stroke power