Thursday, January 18, 2007

Life.

I walk alone down an empty lane.

A lane full of distant memories

Thinking about the past, I dwell on, the strange path

My life has taken….

Life is a gamble I realize,

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose…

The stakes were high, yet I placed my bet

Belief is all that I thrived upon, yet I lost..

Oh god why is it that I never win??

Is my destiny to be a loser all my life??

I wonder.

I reach the end of the empty lane,

To a place full of life, full of colour, full of vibe.

Damn, I realize what a fool I’ve been,

Life is not a straight track horse race.

Look around I tell myself,

God never makes loners.

Never dwell on something that was never meant to be yours.

Destiny is in my hands, not fate’s…

2 comments:

Rya Raghav said...

Love the poetry! The analogy of walking down a lane is nicely handled. But of all, I love the sentence- 'God never makes loners'

Simply and very truly said!

Anonymous said...

Nice...Socrates! hmmm life is beautiful because of the ups and downs else well it would become monotonous but to feel depressed on those lows is just human but the sense to shake ourselves and see the light right there at the end of the tunnel comes to few people! great to know your one of them, god just does not make loners he absolutely never makes losers either...its just man who has somehow made himself a pessimist!In a place full of life, full of colour, full of vibe may you forever be!