Friday, March 10, 2006

Making of Srishti

Finally, after 2 weeks of toiling, Srishti goes into print. being a junior does have it's advantages and disadvantages. You get free lunches from your seniors when you are on such jobs but you get equally worked for that.I guess my seniors know how to squeeze every bang out of their buck!!! Any way getting back to the process, it was fun editing as you actually learn a lot of stuff when you run through factual articles like what one of my friends had written. Through his articles I learnt that Dan Brown doesn't know his art that well and that Uncle Sam , well, is truly Uncle Sam, and yeah before I forget I also discovered that there were jobless people around arguing as to whether earth evolved or was created....

The fun parts are that I got to work in an Air-conditoned room(the DTP room) away from the sweltering heat of Coimbatore and I got to watch professional graphic designers at work. Boy was the guy awesome! He cut, copied and pasted like it was his birthright to do so or something... As we ran through the proofs doing proof 1 upto 3 wth all the layouts and pics and stuff, watching the pieces falling into place and becoming a complete magazine I kind of felt like how a mother feels when she watches her child grow and become a complete person. Sorry for the sentimetal statement there but it was exactly how I wanted to express the feeling at that point. As I was typing this out I realised dat I should have taken a few pics of what we did during editing: would have been fun but unfortunately I only have one pic of my senior swinging on a swing at a restaurant where we had lunch during those editing sessions, but I don't think she would be very happy with me if I did publish it on my blog. Never play with the sub-editors(or editors) of Srishti is one rule I learnt!!!!!!!

P.S. I automatically edited my article for typos, so no shortforms and stuff here. I guess it's an after effect of having been doing it for weeks!!!!!!

2 comments:

Einsteins Donkey said...

ppl this guy is the future editor of srishti

Ash D said...

thambi I didn't ask for publicity here....